Love and I decided to take up a health screening package at Raffles Medical.
To be honest, one of the reason is because since we’re going for the flat selection soon and before we really commit to sign and pay for the deposit, we believe that it’s better for both of us to take a health screening test before we make the decision to go ahead.
Being a safe couple, there are many things which we need to discuss and communicate properly. If you and your significant other have not sit down and discuss the following questions, i would suggest you do so soon to prevent any conflicts in the future.
- Are we willing to commit to each other for the rest of our lives living together? Your answer should be a firm YES.
- Are you able to stand each other’s bad living habits (e.g. bad snoring, dumping clothes on the floor, brushing of teeth only after breakfast etc) if you’re unable to list down at least two of their bad habits, it’s either your partner is almost perfect or shows that both of you are not ready yet, which probably the latter has a higher probability
- Do you intend to have kids and how many? Some girls doesn’t want to give birth, probably they do not like children or fear of pain / losing of figure etc. If you are a kids lover but your partner doesn’t, both of you should talk.
- Financial. What happens if one of you is not working / out of job, is the other one able to sustain the current lifestyle with the house loans and bills to pay? Both of you should do the sums and work this out, take the highest indicative price of the flat as a gauge.
- Health. What happens if you found out that your significant other is HIV positive or some slow terminal illness, are you ready to commit and take care of them for the rest of your life?
- Know your partner’s priorities in life. If your partner has the same first priority as you, probably there’s lesser problem, but if the priority is different, you might want to re-look into it. (e.g. your first priority is family members while your partner’s could be friends or work. This could be a root to possible arguments in the future.)
- Even currently, stuffs which seems minor such as decoration of house, upbringing of children and whether parents will be staying in together etc should be roughly discussed so you know that both of you are heading to the same direction.
In the first place, all these questions should have been placed on the table even before both of you decides to ballot for a flat. Most Singaporeans, including ourselves, we wait till we have successfully ballot for a queue number first before we think. Probably the mindset Singaporean couples have is, since the waiting time for a flat is 3 – 5 years time, “ballot and take the flat first then think about it when the flat comes in 5 years time lah!”
Seriously, this is not a kidding matter, i know of many couples they either do not think too much or they think that this is not a necessary and just proceed with the flat then they have conflicts and need to cancel the flat order, forfeiting a huge amount of the deposit payment and not forgetting the number of chances for flat balloting has to start from zero again.
Well, some might say, if the both of you are not meant to be, both of you will not be together no matter what, true to some sense that some things are not within our control as much as we would like to, despite all our planning and discussions which seems favorable, we might still part our ways due to other factors in the future, but i say, for now, at least we tried.
Ok, enough of my nagging and back to our health screening. Both of us made an appointment and headed down to Raffles Medical One Marina Boulevard branch as there are female doctors available, i think they will try to assign you a female doctor if you are a female which is good, no embarrassing moments. I took the Raffles Lifestyle package and my doctor was Michelle Ng, she was very patient in explaining the procedures during examination.
The stool and urine collection part was funny, especially the stool, i couldn’t bring myself to produce any stool on that day, so they gave me the stool cassette to bring home and take my time to collect the stool and pass it to any Raffles Medical branch when i’m done. How convenient!
Love said that One Marina Boulevard branch has this special service where they give complimentary breakfast at the cafe opposite after our blood test, so thoughtful! The breakfast was surprisingly delicious as well! Our health report results will be out in two weeks time, so we’ll have to head back in two weeks.
After our health screening, we went to search for this cake shop which is highly raved for their swiss rolls.
Finally, under the scorching hot sun, we managed to find Rich & Good Cake Shop! Only takeaways, no dine in.
The swiss rolls are longer in length as compared to the usual normal ones.
We bought three different flavors: Durian, Kaya and Mango. Should have bought the Pandan one instead of Kaya, Kaya tasted normal thou. The swiss roll was really softer as compared to the normal ones, can give it a try if you are nearby!
Rich & Good Cake Shop 裕佳西饼店
24 Kandahar Street, Singapore